Sunday, December 18, 2005

Precious Baby Boys and Bargain Buys (My first ever Garage Sale)

Although having very briefly met my new little nephew, Seth, on Friday night, I finally got to have some quality time, really get to meet him and catch up with my Brother, Michael and his gorgeous wife Cecelia today. As I said, they did pop in very briefly Friday night, but as they were on their way out we didn’t really get a chance to catch up. Today made up for all of that.

We had all arranged to have lunch at Mum and Dad’s. It was lovely, Mum and Dad and their kids with their own kids. 3 generations under the one roof, something Mum and Dad I think thought they would never see (with the paths that mine and my Brother’s lives were taking). But god was Dad so proud. It felt really good. My Brother looked so at peace and content holding his little son in his arms, like it was meant to be.

Seth is a funny little boy, although only 10 weeks olds he looks like such a serious little man, always has a frown on his face, it is so cute, but we did get some gorgeous smiles out of him today, and they weren’t wind. He very much looks like his Daddy when he was that age it’s incredible really. Considering his Mummy is ¾’s Chinese, there appears to be now Chinese in him at all, none that is evident. When he talks, he talks very quietly, almost a whisper, you really had to listen to hear him, but it was so cute.

Ryan loved him, as Ryan loves kids thanks to the time he spends at Child Care. He didn’t seem to bother by me holding Seth and cuddling him either, maybe because he was having cuddles with his Daddy at the time….I don’t know.

Tomorrow night Cecelia is coming to pick Ryan up with me from Child Care as she works in the industry herself, up in Toowoomba, Queensland. So I think she just wants to have a sticky beak at how things run down here. Friday herself, Mick and Seth are coming along to our local CYH where I get Ryan weighed and measured as Seth is due to be checked a swell. How cute will that be, Brother and Sister taking ‘their’ special little people to be checked out together.

While Cec was feeding Ryan (around lunch time) we were talking about how our babies sleep when they were out. Seth is so new that he still sleeps in his pram, although they have bought a portable cot down with them. When Ryan was younger he would sleep in his bassinette and then his pram, as he got too big for his bassinette. I was talking about how we were going out N.Y.E and didn’t know what we were going to do with regards to Ryan and getting him to sleep. I wouldn’t trust him on the bed, even with millions of pillows, as he is a roller.

Just at that exact moment, my phone rang. On the way out to get lunch Mum and (my) Michael drove past a garage sale, and out the front was a porta cot for $20…something we didn’t have and couldn’t justify pay $$$$ for, for something that we will get minimal use from. They asked the seller if they could keep it for an hour or so and I would be back to have a look at it. I went back, with Michael and Cecelia in tow. Mmmm…I collapsed it and put it up again, giving it a thorough going over, none of us could see anything wrong with it. The seller said that someone else had asked about it in the time it took me to get back there, but she honoured her word and let me look at it first. The first buyer offered $15, but they really wanted $20. I offered $17, and we ended up agreeing on $18. My first ever garage sale, and I think I got a good bargain. Now my little man will have something to sleep in N.Y.E.

Good spotting Nan….THANKS.

No comments: