Monday, December 05, 2005

Just Like A Holiday at Nan & Pop's....Well Almost

Today was Ryan's first day back at Child Care in a week and a half. He has been on holidays at Nan & Pop's, well sort of, only coming back here to sleep of an evening and the heading back to Mum and Dad's the next day.

After having Ryan see two different doctors (or cowboys as I call them) at a local drop in centre, only because he had fallen ill on a Sunday (when my GP was closed), and giving me two different diagnosis, I wanted to get him in to see 'my' GP. After a thorough examination, and with the symptoms I had described and the very visible rash on my little man's body, he diagnosed Glandular Fever.

Without doing bloods, of which it was too late to do, as they should've been done when I first presented Ryan to the other doctors, he was 99% sure it was GF, and the rash had come about due to the reaction with the antibiotics. Apparently if GF is treated with anti's it can cause a rash, not dissimilar to Meningicocal, to break out. So to be on the safe side my GP recommended that Ryan be kept home from child care for the week.

Thanks to my Mum and Dad, Ryan's Nan & Pop, Michael or I didn't have to take any time off work, which we were more than happy to do, so as to be able to stay at home with Ryan. Mum and Dad told us they would have Ryan for the week.

Mum and Dad love spending time with Ryan, so much so that after he was born and we were home from hospital, they would pop over every other day until I went back to work. It was great. They really relished having a grandchild. They never thought they would see the day they would become grandparents, let along grandparents twice in one year.

I think Dad was quite proud to be looking after his little grandson, and found Ryan a great source of entertainment especially as he is now sitting up and a lot more into things, and also rolling around everywhere.

What did they do for the week, well they all went out shopping, attending doctors appts together, and also went to Mum and Dad's fitness classes together too, where Ryan was absolutely doted upon by everyone there. They even went out and bought a new Christmas tree. Not much, but it was great bonding time.

I am so lucky I have my parents here to help out whenever they can, and they appreciate being able to see Ryan whenever they want aswell as their newest grandson, my nephew lives in Toowoomba, Queensland, so they wont get to see him all that often, which is sad.

As for Ryan's first day back at child care, god he was made such a fuss of by the staff, so many hugs and kisses, but he loves the attention I am sure and squeals and squiggles with delight back at them. He had a good day, and it was like he had never been away. He feel straight back into his old routine like he had never been away. He is such a social little butterfly and has little friends (although they are all bigger and older than he is) in all the rooms he visits.

No comments: