Monday, December 19, 2005

I Miss You my ‘Little Rabbit’ – R.I.P Rosie

You were my little baby, from the first time I saw you at 5 weeks old. My little girl, how I miss you so much, it still hurts.

I sit here tonight with an extremely heavy heart. I am struggling to see the screen for the tears, but I want to write this, so know you that I think of you everyday. It was on this evening two years ago that you took your last breath. At 5:05pm, I had to make the hardest decision of my life to date, and that was to take yours, to rid you of the pain you were in. It was so hard to watch you suffer as you did, it was all so sudden, but I held you till you were gone. I will never forget your little body, it went so limp. But I knew you were no longer suffering.

I came home from the vet’s that night so numb, I still remember it so clearly, like it was ‘today’. I sat out the back on ‘our ‘ bench for hours, just staring into space, questioning why, you were so young.

Remember ‘Fran’ well she produced her first spike (since we had bought her). Her first bloom opened the evening you drew your last breath. I took it as a sign that you were at peace now, no longer in the pain you were. There was a warm breeze that night that caught the scent of Fran’s blooms, it brushed my cheek as if you were saying ‘Goodbye Mum’ I am ok now. I sat at the back until midnight. A big electrical stormed rolled in. You funny little thing, you used to love sitting outside in the rain. How ironic that it rained the night I laid you to rest.

Well Fran didn’t bloom last year, it upset me as much as your little personality not following me around the house everywhere. I think maybe you were telling me that you weren’t quite where you were heading, and you would let me know when you arrived when Fran spiked again and flowered.

You must be close my Little Rabbit, as Fran is out there now with a beautiful big spike and at least 60 buds on her. I have been checking everyday, there are 5 buds that are so close, and so you must be near to your destination. I will check everyday until I smile, with a tinge of sadness and then I know you have arrived.

Please let me know soon Little Rabbit….Please.


R.I.P My Little Angel
Aonais Devils Rose (Rosie)
29/12/1998 – 19/12/2003

No comments: