Friday, December 23, 2005

Limousine's, Scenic Drives & Holidays...YAY!

Yay....as of 11:00am Wednesday morning I started holidays. We don't open the office again until 9th January. So it will be a lovely break.

The morning at work was spent just tidying up loose ends, we had made sure we didn't have a lot left to do during the week. I think we all had checklists in our heads, not have I done this, have I done that? I had been racing the whole week to get my commission run for the month done so I could pay our boys, and because I had had a few days off sick and also had problems with this months run I was beginning to doubt I would get them out on time.....But I did....PHEW!

This year we celebrated Christmas at my bosses place up at Macclesfield. We were picked up in a gorgeous limousine and taken on a lovely scenic drive throught Hanhdorf and Echunga to arrive at Maccclesfield around lunch time.

Our gorgeous host's Richard (my boss) and Gabrielle (his wife) were out the front awaiting our arrival. We were being treated to a 4 course lunch, all cooked on their new outdoor kitchen.

Starters of Atlanctic Salmon with chives and Cream Cheese and Pumperknickel Bread were to be had out on the deck, which overlooked a 1/2 acre block and the spa on a lower deck again.

When 1st course was ready we moved back up under the pergola, and were served Prawns and Bug tails, on a bed of Lettuce and drizzled with Noonies special seafood sauce. It was yuuum. 2nd course followed fairly quickly, Baked Chicken Breast, then grilled with a topping on chopped bacon, breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese, with a basil sauce and steamed asparagus, capsicum and celery. This was accompanied by fresh bread.

3rd course was to be a little while, so we moved back out onto the deck again, where a lovely breeze had sprung up. I think we experienced four seasons in one day. It was so peaceful and relaxing. A great way to end what has been a busy and eventful working year. So many birds in the trees, even a Kookaburra family, what merry old souls they are. And monarch butterflies, reminds me of the day Michael and I took our vows everytime I see one.

When 3rd course came out we were sitting down to roast lamb (butterflied) done on the new kitchen, with a red wine jous, lettuce, cherry tomatoes and a cold bean salad with pine nuts. It was very delicious.

We decided to do Kris Kringle between 3rd and 4th course, to let all we had consumed settle. It was great. We didn't do the usual pull a name out of the hat, instead we had to buy a unisex present, and then a names would be pulled out of a hat, or in our case a water jug (empty of course) and the person chosen would then take a present from off the table. It was great.

It came down to two gifts left on the table, with only myself and Gabrielle to be called out. Gab got called out first, and said 'Well I can't very well pick that one can I'...it was they gift she had placed on the table, although she was quick to point out that she would be very happy with her own gift, so I knew I would love it too. It was an Asian style/influenced incense, candles, and oil burner set. So pretty and very apt considering my love of the Asian influence and the fact that Michael is part Asian.

The rest of the afternoon saw us all sitting around the spa, dipping our toes and talking and laughing about the year that was. God, it was so relaxing. Up under the pergola one more time, for 4th course, Raspberry Ice Cream (Allie, you would have loved it, just like the ice cream you make) served with Strawberries and Blackberries, or where they Blueberries, I am not sure.

Coffee and Tea came out, and to go with this we opened the goodie baskets that had been given to us from a couple of our Fund Managers that were full of lots of lovely nibbles and wines, and grazed on them. I don't think anyone really wanted to leave, but our limo was booked to pick us up at 5:30pm.

Kissed and hugs all round and then it was off into the Limo again. We were dropped back at the office at around 6:40pm where there were Taxis waiting for those that had booked them and our cars in the carpark for the rest of us. It was a great day and a good way to finish the year.

No comments: