Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Tired Eyes, Real Estate Agents and Sick Little Boys...

God, my eyes are hanging out of my head this morning...tiredness and hay fever and having half a yard full of rye grass doesn't help either. Well how did last night go...I picked Ryan up from Child Care and he was pretty good, although the rash, OMG...had completely covered his little body, poor thing, he even had welt marks on his face. The R/E agent was suppose to get there are 6:00pm, rang to say he would be about 20 mins late. I held of feeding Ryan until he had gone, he got a little grizzly but fell asleep in Michael's arms, which was good.

Basically it comes down the fact that Michael and I are never going to get the price that we need to be able to afford to purchase anything half decent. With our extremely $hit wages we are only ever going to be able to afford a mortgage of $164k. Most houses market for around $230k+.

We need to be able to get at least $220 - 230k (if not more to be able to cover fees and costs) for ours, and after two appraisals from different agents, it seems highly unlikely that will happen. First appraisals came in at $219 as an investor buyer, and $229 as a home buyer, although this agent thought we would be lucky to get that. Last nights agent came back with conservative high $100k's to low $200k's. We were welcome to put an offer in on the house that we were interested in, but the agent sort of hinted (although he wasn't suppose to) that it would be too low, I figured property would sell for at least $230k. He did say he would let us know, if we had the slightest chance, but I told him I would rather not put an offer in than a ridiculous offer.

At one stage I thought we may even be able to afford to move north or south (which neither of us really want), but until wage conditions improve even that is unachievable. Anyway agent left around 7:30pm. So I woke Ryan up to feed him, and then piled him in the car to go to the doctors. God, I hate drop in centre's...We got there at 7:50pm and we had to wait 1 1/2 hours before we saw someone. Ryan was such a good boy, considering he should have been in bed 2 hours earlier, thank god there was a little boy that was entertaining him. The doctor we saw last night gave Ryan a very quick examination, and said it may well have been just a viral rash, but will put it down the penicillin, and we can get him tested when he is older. Basically we just have to keep plying him with dymadon/panadiene and keep his fluids up.

By the time we got home I was so tired that my gorgeous, considerate man, offered to iron my shirt for work, put Ryan's dirty clothes from child care in the wash and also wash and sterilise Ryan's bottle and bits, so that I could just feed Ryan and put him to bed aswell as myself. We both slept like babies....

This morning Ryan woke up for his feed, and then went back to sleep, which he needed as he lost 3 hours sleep last night. The rash has all but gone, but he still has a cough. Although the doc we saw on Sunday wanted to see us tonight to see how Ryan was going and to check his throat. So guess what I am doing again tonight. Oh yeah, there is another tooth just itching to break the gums too. So that would be adding to his discomfort.

No comments: