Sunday, November 06, 2005

Wild Wild Saturday Night Bash

Well today was the day that saw me turn 35! ...How do I feel? I feel great. I have acheived almost everything I have wanted to by the age of 35. One more little acheivement and I will feel complete. I would have met the man of my dreams and purchased a house with him. Gotten engaged and married and together are raising our darling little son, but there is one more thing I yearn for, another child, a brother or sister for Ryan.

Last night (Saturday night) I celebrated my birthday with a Wild Wild West themed costume party and some of my bestest ( I don't care if the word 'bestest' isn't in the dictionary, and that is coming from a straight 'A' English student) closest friends....YEEHAW!!!

We had spent most of the afternoon at Mum and Dad's where we were hosting the evening, due to the room they have and the fact that they are away anyway. Blowing up balloons and cutting crepe paper, Michael and I breezed through the deco's in not time, watched on by our little son Ryan, sitting in his rocker beside us. He even had his own little balloon to play with.

The backyard had been decorated with hay bails (thanks Rach), banners, cut outs of horseshoes, cactus and cowboy boots (I had been making over the preceeding few weeks), balloons, blue check gingham tablecloths and there was even a sleepy mexican in the corner. We had also set up a card table to look like a poker table. And down under the pergola was to hang my pinata, in the shape of a cactus.

The evening (for me) got off to a rather stressful start, thanks to my DS Ryan not wanting to go to sleep (he is only 8 months old) and my guests having to help me out in the kitchen. I felt like I should have had it all under control, but I didn't. I guess that is one of the joys of parenthood, things don't always go according to plan. I had my DH Michael stressing out at me because I was supppose to be outside entertaining and enjoying myself. Bit hard when you can hear your precious little person from the other end of the house screaming like someone was taking his life. I gave in and went and took my son from his father and manage to settle him within about 10 mins...ah peace at last for us and sleep for him.

Let the celebrations begin, I could now enjoy my guests and my evening. I felt so bad for not being out there with them to begin with, but having such a fantastic group of people with us, they all understood.

Like I said, it was a Wild Wild West themed evening and all my guests looked fantastic. An Indian Chief, A Confederate Soldier, a Cowboy, a Sheriff, two cute Cowgirls and three sassy Saloon Chicks. A small gathering you maybe thinking and you'd be right, but what we lacked in quantity we certainly well and truly made up for in quality and laughter. Everyone went to to much trouble with their costumes, it certainly made my night and raised my spirits, as they had been a little low.

I had been spoilt with very much unexpected gifts too...A 3 pack of Aussie CD's, an Audrey Hepburn Calendar (I absolutely adore Hepburn, I think she is most gorgeous woman ever, so much so if we are blessed with a daughter she will be Audrey-Olivia), a photo of myself and closest girlfriend, and Ryan's godmother, Allie, taken at her Hen's night, A Cowboy Shooter pack (including shot glasses), Shari knows the way to my heart and from Leeanne, a yummy smelling bath pack from the Bodyshop...dont we all just love Bodyshop products. Like Leeanne I also love to indulge in long relaxing baths. So I could quite easily hang Hepburn in the bathroom, while soaking in a lovely bubble bath downing cowboy shots.

I think when you are given gifts that you really love and reflect you it means your friends now you, I mean really know you....if you know what I mean.

God we have so much food and drink, that we will be eating left overs for days. Yuuum....party food left overs. But there was one thing missing, a birthday cake. I didn't mind this though although it was bought to attention later in the evening.

I think the highlight for the evening was when we hoisted the pinata up the evening. I had filled this with a mix of chocolates, as I thought these would be appreciated more the toy fillers. We played the proper way with someone pulling on the rope to get it moving up and done and swinging around making it a moving target and harder to hit. It was fantastic. Being blindfolded and spun around a few times and then let loose at it certainly made for some huge laughs and near missed (other peoples heads)

A balmy 31 degree evening made this outdoor celebration just perfect, couldn't complain at all. Great munchies, great music and absolutely FABBO FRIENDS made my birthday one I wont forget.

I feel truly blessed to have such a great bunch of friends in my life, that I know I can always count on to be there, as they can me. Thank you for sharing a Wild Wild evening with me/us. Love you all...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME...hehehe

As for how I spent today. Very relaxing, once we had gotten back home. Michael and I stayed at Mum and Dad's last night. Thought this would be easier and make it a lot easier when it came to cleaning up.

Craig stayed down as well, saving himself a rather drunken drive back to Morphett Vale. He was such a doll and helped us clean up after everyone had left last night, that we only had a little to do this morning. Craig wondered off about 9:00am. The house was quiet again, which was nice. I fed Ryan and put him down for a sleep. While I jumped in the shower Michael went outside and finished cleaning up. You almost wouldn't know we had been there.

I think we got home around 12:30pm. God we were feeling so lazy. Thank god the washing machine does all the work and all I had to do was fill it. That was the extent of my energy expenditure. It wasn't until about 4:00pm this afternoon that we realised we hadn't done any groceries, so Michael made a quick dash down to the local shops to pick up a few things to get us through the week.

Michael cooked tea for me, one of my faves, Create a Meal Sweet n Sour Chicken, and he had even bought my fave dessert, Sara Lee Chocolate Pudding. Sadly we were both too full to want dessert. Although the table was set for dinner, I was more than happy to relax on the couch and play catch up with tv we had taped during the week. A nice relaxing night to top of a great weekend.

No comments: