Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

Well I still can't get my head around it. Saturday morning I was given the news that very good friends of ours have come to a point in their lives that they are going through a trial separation.

They have been married 14 years, although things have been a little rocky for the last 3 years, and have two beautiful girls. I know they had been having problems, and the thought had always been there that this day may become reality, but it is such a shock when it does.

I know some of the reasonings behind the break up from both sides of the fence, and this doesn't make it any easier. Especially when one side is slagging off the other. How am I suppose to be supportive of them 'BOTH' when I don't agree with the way he is talking about her 'behind her back' now. I don't know what she is saying to others, only what she has said to me, and it certainly isn't as derogatory as he has been.

I feel sorry for their gorgeous little girls, it has also been affecting them, as it would when children see their parent arguing all the time. Their attitudes and behaviour have changed to so much, I only hope over time they come to understand what is happening, or more to the point why.

I want to be there to support them both, but I just don't know how. They were both there for me in my times of need and loneliness, I just wish I could be there for them, but it is always hard when you are friends with both and don't want to take sides, or worse still be drawn into a situation of taking sides....

1 comment:

Tanya said...

And there is always someone there I can count on too, to lift my spirits when they are a little low.

Thank you sweetie for you kind words.