Friday, November 11, 2005

Little Boys and Belated Birthdays...



Little Boys...

Well I am wearing my SAHM cap today. Ryan is asleep at the moment having had a belly full of milk and apple/pear puree.

We went for a visit to CYH this morning, it was actually that review appt that was made weeks ago when CC where giving me grief about his development and lack of eating and weight loss. All is good and Ryan would be about a 99% perfect Angel. We just have to get him working on his balance and sitting up more, but apart from that everything seems fine.

Ryan's weight has plateaud slightly, but this happens as solids are introduced and he is expending more energy during the day. I only had him weighed about 2 weeks ago, isn't really a true indication, I will get him weighed again in a month.

Now that he has gotten the hang of eating we can start moving up to big dude food. Within reason (not being too spicy or sugary) there is no reason why Ryan can't be eating pureed what ever we are eating....chicken, fish, steak, mornay's....YAY. Might get me a bit more motivated to cook of an evening again. We can try egg, but only a 1/4 of a teaspoon of egg yolk, in case he reacts to it. Quick handy tip for fish - Grilled fish fingers and then peel crumbing off, instant fish for babies....Mummies love fish fingers too.

Although the afternoons can get a bit testy at times (due to Ryan not sleeping), I am really beginning to enjoy being a one day a week SAHM again. I know there were times where I wished I was back at work. Our little man is growing up into a right little man about town. This first year is going by so quickly I guess because Ryan is changing and developing so much.

Belated Birthdays...


Guess who celebrated their birthday again last night too. Michael didn't get home til late last night, around 9'ish, I had fed Ryan and put him to bed, there was nothing on TV so I cooked up some rice to have with tea and then went and laid down for while. Michael got home and fussed in the kitchen for a little while before coming into to see me.

He came in singing happy birthday with a little bag in his hand. Inside (and this may not sound very exciting) was a packet of photo paper and a repo bottle of perfume, my equal fave scent to Cool Water, Issey Miyake. I love my perfumes, but with money always being an issue we tried and have found the Refan Perfumes to be great. I can't really pick the difference so that is good enough for me.

I had been complaining for a while that ever since we had the digi camera I don't have any pics to show people, cos they are all uploaded onto the computer, where as with the polaroids we would always get the film developed as soon as it was full. What a lovely gesture, he said that he knows I need a lot more paper and will get me more....YAY.

When I got up to go out to the kitchen he had all the lights off and a Mud Cake from Michel's with candles on it too...funnily enough they were trick candles. You would blow them out and they would light again, even Michael didn't realise straight away, but it was so funny and made me smile. So I feel lucky having celebrated my birthday 3 times.

1 comment:

loren said...

I'm glad you've gott to do the things you want in life, and that you are so happy. But have you thought about the life to come?