Monday, September 29, 2003

Our Big Day - Party Time, Destination 'The Lakes Resort'

Onto the party location
Destination - Lakes Resort Hotel
We arrived about 6:40pm, a little behind schedule, but by this time we didn't care, we had so much fun with the cars we could've kept driving. We did the usual 'into the room' for the mock cake cutting, mock first dance etc...but I was more interested in seeing how a culmination of ideas and dreams had come together in what was to be our recpetion room.
I was like a little girl in a lolly shop. GOBSMACKED....It was so beautiful I cried and then I ran onto the dance floor with my arms wide spread and spun around and around in circles amongst 100's of balloons and their flowing silver foil streamers and falling stars. It reminded me of the night Michael proposed. A starry night on the beach. Guests were being entertained with pre dinner drinks at this stage until we were asked to leave the room ready for our grand enterance.
OK...Grand Entrance
We had the bridal party introduced in their pairs until it was our turn. Door closes on bridal party.
We had something a little different up our sleeves.Cast your mind back to the Addams Family, with the big old door chime and squeaky door.
Our DJ, Drew announces that we '(Tanya & Michael) have disappeared sorry about this folks'...a door bell chimes, fog rolls in under the door, a gong chimes and then we make our entrance to Kylie Minogues 'On A Night Like This'...it was perfect, we walked in hand in hand and I did yet another twirll amongst the falling stars.
It was really hard taking everything in. Inbetween entrees of either Tortellini Alla Panna or Shrimp Cocktails and mains the formalities were gotten out of the way. 5 speeches in total ending with our celebrant saying Grace. We had fun with our intro's to our speeches too. My Daddy had 'Daddy Cool', our Best Man had 'Pretty Fly for a White Guy', Michael had 'Can't Get Enough of You Baby' and our celebrant had the theme from Rocky. I had the redubbed versions of Destiny Child's 'Bootylicious'. I say redubbed because where the girls sing 'Michelle, can you handle this? Kelly, can you handle this? Beyonce, can you handle this?' we had dubbed over this to say the our three boys' names. 'Jaimie, can you handle this?, Timmy, can you handle this?, Michael can you handle this?. As I passed each guy I tapped them on the shoulder asking if they could handle this, and I approached the microphone with attitude.
Mains ofBeef Wellington, Asian Style Barramundi or Chicken with Banana, Pineapple and Almonds were served. This kept everyone quiet for a while, well as quiet as you can be with a mouth full anyway. After mains we had our cake cutting ceremony. This was quite cute and funny as Michael has so much trouble lighting 'his' match. Had two takes at doing this. It was fun though and some interesting photos to go with it.
Onto the dancefloor for the bridal waltz. We danced to David Campbell's cover of 'I'm Counting on You', and old Johnny O'Keefe song. We muffed a bit of it, but unfortunately there aint no second chances. I shared the second dance with my Dad to Bob Carlisle's 'Butterfly Kisses' and then the rest of the bridal party joined us on the floor.
From all reports everyone enjoyed the evenings festivities, good food, good wine (I hope....as I don't drink the stuff), good music and good company. What more could anyone ask for? Michael did the garter toss to 'It's Getting Hot in Here' and we even had our DJ, Drew, down on the floor with us. I didn't throw my bouquet. I had one made to pass to one of my bridesmaids as a token of love, luck and happiness within her upcoming marriage to my Brother. They were both very touch by this.
Our last songs for the evening were 'Save The Last Dance' (another David Campbell cover of J. O'K) and 'Time Of My Life' Jennifer Warne & Bill Medley.
Towards the end of the evening, Michael, myself, our Bridal Party and our Videographer headed up to our suite to film the ending for our dvd. Too mych detail to go into, but it basucally ends with us collapsing on the bed, the do not disturb sign on the door and the Bridal Party standing outside with their ears to the door (mmm...wonder what they could be doing type thing). We plan on having the sound of snoring coming from behind the door instead of th much expected horizontal mambo. Something that just has to be seen to be understood.
I guess I could ramble for hours about our perfect day, but I will leave it here. We did follow up the wedding day with a recovery bbq at Mum and Dad's for our bridal party and guests that had travelled to be with us. It was a relaxing and enjoyable time filled with many beautiful gifts all of which we are very appreciative of.

No comments: