Saturday, October 08, 2005

A Morning of Changing Faces and Girly Get Togethers..

What a busy/tiring day I had today. My morning started at about 6:10am, which with Ryan is becoming the norm. Today we headed into the city to try on costumes for my party in a few weeks time. It is so much fun dressing up and taking on a different persona...

My gorgeous man honed in on his cossie straight away, god it was so easy and he looks GREAT, but girls I ain't giving anything away. I had a costume in mind, but the sales (if that is what you call the people that work there, although they aren't selling are they, they are hiring) girl thought it was a little too big, althoughI had hired it once before, so she suggested that I pop back in Wednesday after to work to try on something else she had in mind....cool, I could do that, no dramas. So my man is kitted out for my WILD WILD WEST evening, I just have to look after myself and the little dude, Ryan.

The rest of the afternoon was spent with a great bunch of girls, enjoying each others company and great food. It was an afternoon where I could be me, not Ryan's Mum, as Ryan was at home, or out visiting with his Dad. It is nice to be able to go out and not feel guilty. I love meeting up with this bunch of chickens, we can be ourselves, share our troubles and laugh with each other and know we are not being judged...which I am sure wouldn't happen normally with a group of women.

We try to meet up regulary, which I think is great, we all lead such different lives, and all have different interests, but it was one common link that bought us together, that of getting married. We all, and I am PROUD to say this met through a website. We should never close ourselves off to other mediums as ways of making new friends.

I can say that I have met my best friend, and female soul mate through this website, and she and her gorgeous hubby became part of our family when the accepted the honour of becoming Ryan's Godparents.

Girls thanks for a great afternoon.

No comments: